Last night, the College and Career Readiness department held a Career Night for interested students and parents at the Professional Development Center on L Street.
Cindy Gompper Graves, President and CEO of South County Economic Development Council, moderated a group of panelists representing the following emerging/priority job sectors – Advanced Manufacturing, Health Science, and Information and Communication Technologies. The panelists came from San Ysidro Health Center, NASSCO, and Action Drone.
The San Diego and Imperial Center of Excellence for Labor Market Research put on a power point presentation, which can be found here.
Every year during prom season, the Chula Vista Library participates and collaborates with Princess Project San Diego to provide free prom dresses to high school teens. We want our young ladies to enjoy their experience and offer them interactive workshops for hair, make-up and skincare from our partners Paul Mitchell the School and Mary Kay. In the selection of their perfect dress we celebrate bodies of all sizes, ethnic background or socio/economic situation.
The Chula Vista Library has been a Princess Project dress giveaway location for the last six years, for which the last three years Ms. Trujillo-Lopez has been the coordinator. In an effort to make the year a little better, the Chula Vista Library partnered with Olympian High School to create a short marketing video. Mr. Exum and his students were fabulous and created an amazing product.
The event is coming up shortly, on April 6, 2019.
The link to the video be found here http://kohsnews.weebly.com/other-videos.html.
Learn how PSAT/NMSQT® and PSAT™ 8/9 scores create opportunity for your students by participating in Score Week for Counselors, December 4–8.
Review the changes to the PSAT/NMSQT remittance process.
Learn how student scores can help build your AP® program through AP Potential™.
Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy
Check out this video about how Official SAT Practice helped students in Chicago to prepare for college.
Learn how you can support your students with our new coaching tools.
High school CLEP® testing is growing in popularity as a way to evaluate college readiness and accelerate progress toward a college degree. Help students get started with CLEP resources and study materials.
Want to learn more? Please register for one of our free CLEP webinars for educators. To sign up, use the password iCLEP17.
The Department of Education has recently posted 5 Things to Do After Filing Your FAFSA Form. Share it with students and their families so they understand what steps to follow in the financial aid process.
- Our new College Board for Counselors website makes it easier than ever to find the information you need. You’ll find up-to-date information and resources all in one place.
- Register for our free 2017-18 counselor webinar series and view our on-demand offerings.
Official SAT Practice
December 12, 2017, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
Preparing Student Athletes for Academic and Career Success
December 14, 2017, 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
- Connect with colleagues face-to-face and learn from leaders in education at the 2018 regional forums, starting at the end of January. Learn more about your regional forum.
College Planning Tips
- Help students sign up for Student Search Service® on BigFuture™ to connect them to nearly 1,700 colleges and scholarship programs.
Roadmap to Careers
All students who take one of the tests in the SAT Suite of Assessments have access to Roadmap to Careers, a unique career exploration tool from Roadtrip Nation and the College Board that can help them find careers they’re passionate about.
- Explore majors and careers with students to help create excitement for high school coursework and build college aspirations.
- Help your school implement or enhance STEM courses such as AP Calculus AB and BC, and AP Computer Science Principles to improve student career opportunity and advancement.
- Learn more about new scholarship opportunities through our SAT Suite of Assessments and Scholarship Search. Share other cost-reducing strategies and help your students and parents avoid financial aid scams.
Parent Webinar Series
Parents can sign up for webinars on BigFuture to help them stay involved in the college planning process.
Connect With Us
Our online counselor community is a great place to receive timely College Board updates and to connect with colleagues from around the world.
All Access gives you the latest College Board news and articles on topics that affect you and your work.
Got something to say? Submit a post to share with colleagues across the country.
Connect with us on social media by using #cbcounselors.