- School sites to identify STEM Research Fair Advisor (aka Science Advisor)
- District STEM Research Fair Quality Guidelines Development
- School site identification for District STEM Research Fair
- STEM Research Fair “Nuts & Bolts” & Quality Guidelines Information sent to all fair advisors
- STEM Research Fair Advisors to estimate quantity of student participants
- Fair advisors order materials for students projects through Science Teachers On Special Assignment (TOSA) based on the number of student projects
- Recruitment of fair judges; local universities & colleges, local science business partners, retired science teachers, and community members.
- Final count of student participants per site.
- Student transportation arrangements (school buses reservation).
- Student participating & transportation permission slips documented by teacher advisors.
- Final transportation logistics.
- Fair judges training.
- District STEM Research Fair! (typically early February)