Laying the Foundation (LTF) Training
National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI)
The Sweetwater Union High School District (SUHSD) partnership with the National Math and Science Initiative (NMSI) through the College Readiness Program (CRP) brings the opportunity for all Math, Science, and English teachers in all SUHSD 7-12 schools to participate in an additional training program named “Laying The Foundation (LTF)”.
NMSI-Laying The Foundation is a program developed by experienced teachers and content experts. It provides teachers of grades 7-12 with the training, support and resources they need to drive student achievement and facilitate their progression toward advanced STEM coursework in high school.
Do you teach Math, Science, or English in SUHSD?
Register to attend 2019 Sweetwater NMSI-LTF Year 3 !!!
Dates: June 25-28, 2019
Tuesday – Thursday 8:00am – 3:30pm
Friday 8:00am – 12:30pm
Location: Olympian High School
To Register Click HERE
Promo Code: LTFUSSWEETWATERF
*Add promo code before selecting your course. Registration instructions with screenshots HERE
SUHSD Teachers Priority Registration deadline is May 10th, 2019
NMSI-LTF Elements of Success
- Hands-on training that allows teachers to experience learning from the student’s perspective.
- Content-rich lessons with clear outcome goals and suggested teaching strategies.
- Classroom exercises that allow teachers of all experience levels to relate math and science concepts to real-world scenarios.
- Tools to help monitor student understanding of complex concepts that are critical to rigorous coursework in higher grades.
- Opportunities for educators to collaborate, learn new techniques and receive feedback from peers.