The Academy Model
The Partnership Academy Model is a program structured as a school-within-a-school. Academies incorporate many features including creating a close family-like atmosphere, integrating academic and career technical education (CTE) courses, and establishing viable business partnerships. Emphasis is also placed on student achievement and positive post-secondary outcomes.
Academies have positive impact on students’ academic performance. Key components of the Academy model are:
- CURRICULUM focused on a career theme and coordinated with related academic classes.
- VOLUNTARY student selection process that identifies interested ninth graders.
- TEAM OF TEACHERS who work together to plan and implement the program.
- MOTIVATIONAL ACTIVITIES with private sector involvement to encourage academic and occupational preparation, such as: integrated and project-based curriculum, mentor program, classroom speakers, field trips, and exploration of postsecondary and career options.
- WORKPLACE LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES such as job shadowing, student internships, and work experience.
Sweetwater Union High School District Offers the following California Partnership Academies:
- Biotechnology and Research Development Academy at Castle Park High School
- Performing Arts Academy at Chula Vista High School
- Academy of Information Technology at Hilltop High School
- Academy of Hospitality & Tourism at Hilltop High School
- The Poseidon Academy at Mar Vista High School
- Administration of Justice Academy at Montgomery High School
- Montgomery Media Institute (KMMI) at Montgomery High School
- Criminology and Justice at Otay Ranch High School
- Health Career Plus Academy at Southwest High School
- Eco-Engineering Academy at Southwest High School
- Welding Academy at Sweetwater high School
- Health and Fire Science Academy at Sweetwater High School
Teacher on Special Assignment
Phone: (619) 600-3342
Phone: (619) 600-3356
Phone: (619) 600-3340